View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default My poor sweet Bailey..

Bailey, Remy's big brother, my 26 lb shih tuz is not doing so well

Friday night, or I should say Saturday minoring he was "asking" to be put on the bed. I woke up and as usual got out of bed to pick him up. He screamed...I have NEVER heard a dog scream that loud!! Looking back I may have hurt him when I went to pick him up. I was half asleep so for some reason I took off his collar-- then when I tried to pet him he screamed again and went under our bed. I tried to call him out.. no go.
I though, maybe I pulled his hair.. my brain was sleep fogged.

The next morning he came down stairs and I went to pet him and he screamed again. oh no!! Dh took him to the vet.

When dh came back (why or why did I not just take him myself) he handed me three med and said the vet said he most likely has a pinch nerve.

I did some research and ... the meds the vet gave were standard treatment for pinched neves.. but it also said the dogs should be caged and kept quite. I put Bailey in a pop up pen.. he still would not let me touch him and screamed when ever I got near.

We went out for about an hour.. Bailey had turned the pen over and was in the living room.. I cleaned up the mess (food, water etc).. it took an hour to get him back in the pen. He was very upset.
In the middle of the night he started crying and screaming.. went down stairs and he again had turned the pen upside down (I had anchored it) when I was trying to clean up the mess and calm him down with my voice he got out and he ran upstairs!! oh geeze

The next day I went to target and bought gates so I could gate off the stairs and keep him safe.
Now remember.. he still would scream if you touch him..

The last two nights I have slept on an air mattress to keep him calm.. he hates to be left downstairs and not be with us. I also don't want him on our bed because I am so afraid he would jump off.

I have talked to the vet.. I go in today to have him recheck and I am going to ask for xrays.

He is getting better.. he let me cuddle and pet him last night and this morning. He is eatting and do his biz.

This has been sooooo scary. It just KILLED me not to hug him.. I love my big bailey butt!!

I have to thank lisa... she was visiting and helped keep me calm and helped with Bailey
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!