Thread: summer
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

opps looks like there is a duplicate thread, so I copied my reply from the other thread and posted it below

mine have always seemed to have felt the heat, Lola especially so. Thankfully she likes the water, so at home we go for a dip in the lake. But even tonight she was inside in the air and panting hard after a rousing game of fetch and keep away. I took an ice cube and ran it under some warm water, I rubbed it on her neck and down her back and let her lick it, and soon she was no longer panting heavily. If it is warm before we head out for a walk, I take some water in my hand and put some on her neck, belly and back. We boat and often when we are not moving, I dip her over the side and wet her paws and tummy then drip some over her back. Keeping her wet really helps and you can tell because she perks right up. My last one did not like the water but I still wet him down in the heat because it was for his own good. On thing I do not do is use freezing cold water and give her a big douse at once, that would probably make them afraid.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!