View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyorktown View Post
I havent heard of black garlic til this thread..I would try that, however I'm not really adventerous when it comes to food anymore. I no longer have a cast iron stomach..I guess age might have something to do with it. I've always wanted to try a truffle, although not really sure exactly ehat they are, and they're freakin expensive!! I finally tried sushi>>>yea that didn't go well at all! Raw fish didnt go well at all...i even tried the all veggie ones....yea, nope, my stomach said okay no! lol!
Truffles are a fungus. They use pigs or hogs or something to find them. And yea they are expensive! That's why I've never had any before. Once I was watching Mario Batali on Iron Chef, and he said each plate he served the judges had like $1000 worth of truffle on it. There were like 5 or 6 shavings of truffle.

For the sushi, maybe you don't like the nori paper. My bff was the same way. She always got her sushi with soy wrapper instead (it has zero taste, so to me that was yuck) and worked her way up to nori. She doesn't eat fish either, she's a vegetarian. She gets cucumber roll, avocado roll, or tamago nigiri (that's the sweet egg omelette). Not all sushi is raw fish. In fact sushi refers to the rice, which is a short grain rice flavored with a special kind of vinegar. It's good just by itself!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!