View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
I was REALLY OCD with Peanut- Working as a Vet Tech at the time I watched puppies come in with Parvo- I was so protective over Peanut bc of that

I didnt take him anywhere till he had all his shots! I think the only place he went was my Mom's house, and he didnt go in the backyard or anything- I pretty much carried him everywhere!

IMO you should wait, better safe than sorry-

Also NEVER put your dog in one of the shopping carts at Petco/ Petsmart, you wouldnt believe how many dogs have been in there with Parvo-

I worked at the Vet Banfield in Petsmart, I remember one time a guy brought his dog in a shopping cart, all of a sudden the dog had explosive diarrhea- It went all over the shopping cart!!

Turned out the dog had Parvo!

I wanted to underscore, bold print, capitalize this ENTIRE post!!! ESPECIALLY ABOUT PETCO/PETSMART!!! EVEN AFTER THEY ARE FULLY VACCINATED!!! I HAVE READ WHERE THE PARVO VIRUS IS MUTATING AND IS BECOMING RESISTANT TO SOME VACCINATIONS....everytime I see shere someone had a fully vaccinated dog and it still got Parvo, I wonder if this may not be true.... I think Parvo is our "disease de jour" here in Texas, especially HOUSTON!!! IT IS RAMPANT HERE....Just wait to expose your baby to the "ravages of public interactions"!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!