View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help my baby is sick with Pancreatitis, I think

I have an 8 yr old Yorkie who is my whole world. On thursday, she had two episodes of diarrhea and then vomited at night. I am so lucky that my regular vet is an emergency vet open all the time and 5 minutes away. So i didnt waste time and took her in that night. They gave her a shot for nausea, sub q fluids, and an antibiotic and sent us home. She vomited 3 times right away but since then has had no vomiting. She did have 3 episodes of diarrhea that night so I took her back in suspecting something bad. She has had Pancreatitis before and bleeding Gastronenteritis. In November she had ulcers from steroid use for her skin allergies and was hospitalized for 5 days, very sick also. So I dont take any chances with her.
So they admitted her yesterday and put her on IV fluids, nausea meds, pain meds, and antibiotics. When I called 3 times yesterday they said she was doing well, no vomiting and no diarrhea. They thought she could come home today.
When I called this morning though she has had continued diarrhea so no coming home. I went to see her which they encourage and she seems worse than when I took her in. She seems much sicker now. Her enzymes were elevated which I guess is how they tell it is Pancreatitis but I worry they are missing something. I dont know why she is having so much diarrhea and why they cant give her something for that.
I am worried too about the money though I would give my last dime for her. So far as of today it has cost me $660 and unfortunately I do have limits and no available credit. More than that I cant bear to see her in pain. She is my whole world and i cant imagine life without her. I cant get much of a prognosis from the vet and have read alot and know there are many scenarios.
I would sure love to hear about your babies with this that got better even if it doesnt happen to me. I want to have hope.
Thanks and say some prayers or good wishes for my Cinnamon.
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!