Thread: Weezing
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
BarbaraM
Senior Yorkie Talker

My vet said reverse sneeze when TeddE was about three-ish. Then another "suggested" it could be collapsing trachea. Both times the vet heard the noise, did nothing. The last time it happened I ended up at a vet hospital three hours from my home with a near dead yorkie barely getting air into his lungs.

They fluroscoped him, kept him overnight and called me in the next day wanting to place a stent into his trachea. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THIS WAS! No one ever diagnosed him. He had the worst episode AT A NEW VET and SHE DID NOTHING. We could barely hear each other speak for the noise coming from my 7 yo yorkie was THAT LOUD! HE WAS IN CRITICAL CONDITION WITHIN HOURS and had to be taken to the ER who then called the Vet Hospital !!

$3000 later, TeddE is doing better. He is OFF of the four/five drugs that zombified him. He has lost three pounds on RAW beef patties and NO HUMAN FOOD WHATSOEVER that helps him with breathing. He is on Asthma meds that are HOMEOPATHIC.

Not one "vet" told me how serious this is...could be...etc. Even the one that jokingly told me he needed a doggie valium! He was at his annual check up and she let him go home in that condition. His trachea was severely inflamed and swollen SHUT.

Sorry. I get so carried away. He turned 8 in January and is quite the protector of his family. We reduced the size of his yard for he LOVES to run. His walks are very short and not in the hottest time of day. Door bells were disconnected for they startled him. And he loves chasing the birds out of his domain. I chose NOT to have the stent placed in his trachea.

I wish you and your baby the best. Please get answers. Please find out, now. Had I known perhaps those awful two days alone in a cage three hours from me being poked and stuck and still not being able to breath ( he was released because he was NOT responding well, I didn't ask if they felt he was dying) could have been avoided.

He went thru the most traumatic experience of his life and I vow never to let that happen again. THREE vets heard this and DID NOTHING.

Healing thoughts and prayers
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!