Thread: Pet Passport!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
furbutt
My Princess Poppy
Donating Member

Cry Pet Passport!!!

Hello everyone, Long time no see!!

So here is my problem! Last year i went on a 2week holiday without Poppy and it killed me, i hated every min of it !! I missed her soooo much and no one but you lot understand where i am coming from, when your furbutt yorkie means so much to you that you dont even want to spend a day away from eachother... not many people get it and i dont really expect them too

This year i took all the steps needed to make sure that this does not happen again! I went out at the start of the year when the UK pet passport regulations changed and go Poppy got her pet passport! I phoned the air lines 2months ago 'cyprus airways' (we are visiting family in Cyprus) and checked that she would be able to fly to cyprus and was told yes as long as she was under 8KG.. well she is 2kg so all is ok. I was also told i just mostly pay for the weight and height of the crate as long as it is an airline approve crate!

I went out and bought an airline approved crate £50 and phoned up yesterday to check prices thinking at MOST it would be about £200 there and back... how wrong could i be! £550 to get Poppy to Cyprus and back... i was so upset i burst out crying on the phone, HOW ON EARTH IS IT THAT MUCH! The pricing is so daft i can not believe it! I understand they have extra charges but really £550 at a MIN they said! You pay £200 at check in each way and £80 to get her out at each end.. could be more depending!

Now 4 days before we go to Cyprus i am moving to London 4 hours away from where i live now! I am so mad that i am NOW going to have to find a kennels (something i NEVER wanted poppy to go into) in London that is safe and somewhere i can trust! I just feel devastated!! not only am i going to miss her soooo much again but i have spend out so much money trying my hardest to take her with me AND now i have to leave her in kennels in a place i dont know as i would have just moved there and i just feel so helpless! There is no way i can leave her with family or friends as i will know no one! I am soooo upset i have been crying none stop!! This is so unfair... i KNOW she woul have loved to come with me ad i would have loved having her there with me and my family would have LOVED her!

I really want to start and complain about it all but i really dont know where to start and what to do as its the UK regulations as well as the airline!

My poor little girl! i just feel like i dont want to go Cyprus anymore without her and no one seems to understand why i am so upset they think that she is ''just'' a dog... gets me mad She is my baby and i love her and i dont wanna be without her! Gah im crying as i type this!

Anyway on a more possitive note Poppy went the groomers today (thought she needed cheering up and a little pamper) and well to be fair she has come back looking rather gorgeous! I have taken a pic of her after the groomers just to show you all my lovely little girl!

Pet Passport!!!-021.jpg

How cute does she look!!! My cute good little tinker hehe!

Thank for letting me rant and get it off my chest, its hard being so upset about something i don't think anyone but YT understand how i feel about her and how much she means to me! She is my best friend and my little girl and i think they should explain things more clearly when you try to take your pet away with you! When i got her pet passport i was sooo excited thinking thats it we never have to be apart again and now its been shattered and not only that but i have to find kennels for her!

ok ok rant over!! Love you all xxxxx
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!