View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I just love dogs - have been raised with dogs & had them all my life & I am a true Dog Love r- but as someone who lived almost 5 years next to an almost constantly barking dog, I know it can ruin your quality of life. It can get so wearing that you want to pull your hair out by the roots when a dog will just go on for hours with only a minute to three minutes between sessions - all day & into the evening. Hours & hours of bark, bark, bark, bark - on & on & on. I finally had to start sleeping in the den to avoid the 6: 30 a.m. morning barking sessions. I finally, after many letters & calling Animal Control, had to go over & talk to the neighbor & then a City of Mesquite Environmental Health official helped out. My neighbor was very angry, denying her dog was a barker but within 3 days, the barking stopped almost entirely. I thank God for my return to a life of peace - it is priceless. You will never know what it is like unless you have to live through something like it. Now her dogs are peaceful, just as happy as ever, bark only occasionally but appropriately as any dog would & life is so good again in my home! Of course, I don't know - in your case it may be totally different & your dog is just barking normally but I would get a webcam or do something to check it out & try to see if the neighbor's complaints are warranted. And you owe it to your dog to try to help it, if it is spending its day this way.

If it is true, it sounds like your sweet baby is bored to tears & maybe even has separation anxiety & if he's a Yorkie, is probably insulted that he's confined to that tiny, enclosed area all day when his active little mind & body want to play & have some fun while you're gone. He's young enough still to be rebellious over his situation - later, as an older dog he would probably just accept it. I would read up on Google & the library here about how to train a dog not to bark, how to "treat" separation anxiety with desensitization training to the situation of being alone & housebreak him or confine him to a larger room. If it turns out he is a barker, he will be the happier for finding a better way to deal with his frustrations & anxieties & having an open area to stay in may help his enjoyment of his day more. I hope you can work it out if he is a barker as dog's usually are trainable & manageable if you are patient & persistent & loving in dealing with their issues. Good luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!