View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
taxlady
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Black Spots

Thanks everyone for the info on this post, Sprocket had started to have these spots and I took him to the vet, first she says just skin allergy use shampoo etc, and that didn't work, cause I saw your pics we went to a different vet, then we went onto antibiotics, new vet says ya staph, my poor baby has been itchy and scratchy and chewing. Now his whole be hind is covered in tiny black spots and he is miserable, but I hope the meds help. One thing the vet said that I thought might help others and I did not know this, our dogs are small and close to the ground, STAPH is everywhere, on everything. In allergy season dogs run around in the grass etc and get the staph on them selves and then scratch their skin and walla infected, or at least maybe so if they have the skin sensitivity for it. If you live in an area that is having bad allergy season maybe extra "wipes" might be in order. Strengthen the skin. OK, after this is cleared up it's sure something we are going to look into. We live in golf course country! LOL. Hope this helps some one else.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!