View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Tongue Recipes/Ingredients that you want to try but haven't yet

I just got my monthly flyer for this local Japanese market, and found a few interesting things in it. First was the theme of the month "okonomiyaki" which is a pancake/quiche like food, flour based, with egg, cabbage, green onion, and whatever you've got on hand. "Okonomi" means whatever you got, or anything goes. So you can put in whatever you have. They included this recipe for it with pork belly, looks so YUM! Or you can put in shrimp, udon, chicken, squid, whatever. Top it with special okonomiyaki sauce and kewpie mayo. It's like a giant takoyaki.

Also in this issue, there is a section on BLACK GARLIC! Has anyone ever had this? Supposedly it has more healthful benefits than regular garlic. It's premium grade garlic that's been fermented. Has similar texture and consistency of roasted garlic. I found a website that sells it. It's not easy to make it at home. It requires you to have your oven on for 40 days.
Black Garlic | Buy Online

Other than that, I've never had truffle before, other than in oil infused with it, and mac and cheese that supposedly had it in there, but it wasn't even that good.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!