View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #56
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon View Post
My previous post didn't work out right. ??? Sorry!

So glad to hear Tibbe is feeling better!

A few years ago I bought a wood-frame ramp to put next to my bed. It runs the length of the the bed almost, with one side of the ramp pressed up against the side of my bed and the other side open to the room. For the open side, I went to Lowes and had them cut me a peice of plywood the same length as the ramp and several inches high. Then I attached the plywood to the open wooden side of the ramp with screws and my drill. I covered up the plywood with some material that matches my decor (used a staple gun).

This was much, much less expensive than buying a ramp that already included rails - plus those rails were so low I was worried they weren't enough protection. It has worked beautifully! But, I'm a single person. For couples, you might consider putting the tall end of the ramp up against a small spot of the bed and then attaching "rails" down both sides instead of just one. Good luck!
Good idea. Just cover the board in fabric that matches or goes with decor & maybe kind of blends in. I wondered if the built-in rails would be high enough also. I'm going to have to look into getting ramps as there is probably less chance of missing a step or stumbling when coming off one step to another in that small jump-step they do. I could even use lightweight balsa wood covered in fabric since all I need is the deterrent & not strength.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!