View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #54
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I worried about that which is why I didn't get a ramp from the first but maybe I could get one & try this or something very like it. I wonder if they make ramps with rails or something? Where did you get your ramp?
My previous post didn't work out right. ??? Sorry!

So glad to hear Tibbe is feeling better!

A few years ago I bought a wood-frame ramp to put next to my bed. It runs the length of the the bed almost, with one side of the ramp pressed up against the side of my bed and the other side open to the room. For the open side, I went to Lowes and had them cut me a peice of plywood the same length as the ramp and several inches high. Then I attached the plywood to the open wooden side of the ramp with screws and my drill. I covered up the plywood with some material that matches my decor (used a staple gun).

This was much, much less expensive than buying a ramp that already included rails - plus those rails were so low I was worried they weren't enough protection. It has worked beautifully! But, I'm a single person. For couples, you might consider putting the tall end of the ramp up against a small spot of the bed and then attaching "rails" down both sides instead of just one. Good luck!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!