Thread: hair loss
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
mightyboy2012
Yorkie Talker

Default hair loss

Hi,
My 17 week old yorkie is having hair loss. I started noticing it about 2 weeks ago and a couple of days after noticing, I took him to the vet. They tested a little of his skin and the result was negative. I was assured that he is not going bold and is not sick. She sent me home with a pack of the Dermoscent essential 6 and told me to use a pipette once a week and after a month use a pipette every other week. I have used the first pipette already and am going to use the second one today but I don't see any change yet. The hair loss is mostly on the back legs and his thighs. There is no hair loss in the head area or the front legs. There is also some hair loss on his back and sides but is not as bad as the back legs. I have been bathing him and the vet said that might have something to do with it. My only concern is that the vet was not able to explain to me the cause of the hair loss. Also it seems like the roots of the hair all over is changing color from black to silver. Has anyone experienced with hair loss and is there anything I can do about it? could he be losing his puppy coat and the adult coat is going to replace it later?
Thank you,
Vida and Mighty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-8.jpg (102.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg photo-9.jpg (104.6 KB, 11 views)
mightyboy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!