View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Feeding question!

Hello!

I need some help trying to determine the ideal weight of my puppy and figuring out a feeding schedule! Toki is 8 1/2 months and weighs about 8.6 pounds. When I first got her, she was 10 weeks old and weighed 3.1 pounds.

Initially I fed Toki three times a day and over the past couple months have been feeding her twice a day. She most recently has been getting about 2/3 cup of BB Wilderness for puppies each day along with treats and her bully sticks. I am currently in the process of switching her over to FROMM's Salmon a la Veg.

The scheduled feedings were good for housebreaking her but now she is able to let us know when she needs to use the bathroom so I was thinking about switching over to free-feeding. My concern is that she has gained a lot of weight over the months that I have had her and I'm not sure if she will be able to hit her ideal weight using this method.

I am including some pictures of her so you guys can let me know if she looks overweight or not. The vet said her weight was fine and that she'd probably fill out over the next few months. Toki has pretty long legs and feels quite dense when I pick her up so I am just unsure of what to expect her weight to be and how much I should be feeding her or if I should just free-feed her and monitor her weight that way (gah! run-on sentence! lol).

Obviously I don't want her to be a chunk but I can tell she's going to be a bigger Yorkie and just want to make sure that I'm providing her with an adequate diet! Thanks for any help! I've been poking around the forums looking for advice but there is just so much information that it can be a little confusing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 241.JPG (170.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 223.JPG (75.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 228.JPG (144.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 238.JPG (116.1 KB, 15 views)
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!