View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell04 View Post
I thought $1800 was alot to pay also but was willing cause I thought I had found a good breeder, but I am very disappointed, I was really looking forward to getting my puppy soon, it took me awhile to find what I thought was a good breeder and now I have to maybe start all over agian!!!! She does offer a 1 year health guarantee on them plus all 3 sets of shots, but I just dont think the way they acted that they will end up not having socialization problems!!!

I am sorry, but I think you sound like you have found a reputable breeder and I dont think 1800.00 is too much to spend on a HEALTHY puppy, with all but its last shots and microchipped, etc. Dont worry about the babies being a little unfamiliar with strangers...and babies adapt very quickly to their new homes....you want to look deeper at that baby...more its personality....does it warm up to you during the visit? how does it interact with littermates and the others in the family, people and things it is familiar with.....if the baby cowers and slinks around with things that are familiar to him, then you may have an issue with socialization as it is clearly a personality trait....rethink this situation...I think you have done a good job and have found a breeder that appears reputable, especially keeping the baby for as long as she is...that is costing her $$$$ every day she has that baby.....which is why unethical "breeders" throw their babies out at 6-8 weeks of age...she is going above and beyond the normally acceptable length of time for a breeder to hold onto a baby, for WHATEVER reason she has....she is concerned about her babies....I do not think you have ANY concerns about this.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!