View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Latte's Mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Varl

I am taking Latte in on Tuesday and we will most likely get the test, which I first heard about on Yorkietalk! I did some reading and I wanted this test specifically because the information says clearly that she would not have to be off the steroids for weeks. Steroids are the only thing that keeps her from itching herself bloody. Latte's problems do not seem to be near as severe as Miss Mini's, but I have tried so many things. I am going to have a long conversation with my vet, who did the testing on his own dog. I may do both the food and environmental since Latte has been on 2 food trials. At 10 years old, I am hoping that the poor thing may get to actually eat meat of some kind someday. (She's eating hydrolyzed protein-soy.)
I have been doing a lot of reading and the thing that concerns me the most is that the serum shots may not work for all dogs. So I may opt to treat the allergies she has in a different way. It would just be nice to finally know what exactly it is!!
Just as a side note, anytime I write something on any site, I realize it can be interpreted differently by different people. I have had my feelings bruised on several sites. We all love our dogs and trust our favorite vet, right?
Latte's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!