View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 08:27 PM   #13
xtine
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Innova EVO all the way ;)

I really like Innova EVO.. I used to have my dogs on just the regular Innova, but I really like the EVO..

another misconception that is still floating around is that a food with a high protein content causes kidney damage. this goes back to research that has been declared as outdated quite some time ago. as long as quality protein is used (which is easily digestible), there is no problem,

the evo is fine, it's all highly digestible protein, unlike poor quality foods, and the big advantage is that it is grain free.

dogs evolved as carnivorous animals and their digestive tract is designed to utilize primarily meat and fat, not carbohydrates.

things are different if a dog already suffers from liver disease, and a specialized diet may be necessary, but for that i'd have the dog thoroughly checked by a vet.

it is true that the amount of water dogs have to drink to compensate must be taken into consideration. some dogs simply do not drink enough.

that is why i am a huge advocate of always adding water to kibble and not feed it dry in large amounts, regardless if it is evo or not.

as always, not every food is ideal for every dog and you might find that regular innova adult (which comes as a "small bites" variety btw ) might work out better
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!