Thread: At My Wits' End
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I swear there is doggy crack in Beneful - Jackson is always attracted to that stuff and if there's one food I find absolutely disgusting it's Beneful.... even the nasty artificial coloring stuff to it! But yeah any time Jackson is at a house where it's available, he is like obsessed. He ate it one night and got so disgustingly bloated, and then was throwing up (and this is a dog who can eat almost any dog food and be fine). I do know they coat it with something to make it tasty, and have heard once dogs eat it, it's hard to get them to eat anything else. I feel like it's almost like how a kid would wanna eat McDonald's every day if they had a choice.

Is there any way you could slyly buy a big bag of dog food for ALL of the dogs... that way you can be like "oh mom I bought all of this dog food, for all the dogs" and that way they all begin eating it? I deal with this sometimes, as I live at my dads a few nights a week while in school, and my stepmom will often just go to the grocery store and buy a food. So I end up buying a big bag of something Jackson does well on, and then she will feed that food, since it's there and it was "free" for her, ya know?? Also, she always buys those milkbone nuggets, which I think are fine in moderation, but a lot of calories and my dad tends to hand out treats. So I have to make it easy for him... I label a bag "Jackson's Treats" and get Zuke's or something tiny, so that way my dad can feel like he's giving him a lot but he's really giving him probably the same amount of calories one milkbone nugget would be, LOL...

Last edited by Britster; 05-22-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!