View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #64
sisterteachb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

My baby was only 8 weeks when I got her, but she was much bigger! (2.5 lbs) Only 1.75 lbs, just remember her stomach is not very big, so she is not going to eat very much at a time! That is why she needs to eat so often. I usually tried the yogurt first with mine because I read many places that it is good for their digestive system and also for their ears. I only used the syrup a few times to get her to eat because I noticed she hadn't eaten much and I didn't want her to go too long without eating! You will quickly learn the needs of your new puppy. She will do lots of eating, sleeping, and playing! Puppies need lots of sleep!

I have crate-trained mine and I leave her in a medium sized crate. This was big enough for her when she was little. I didn't want her in a room where she could chew the door frames. It didn't help as much with potty training, but she had enough room in there to move and play while I was gone.

So, my advice is to read as much information as you can. Ask your pet stores about the food - no by-products, and get a quality food that is rich in nutrients (not made from corn). I read many posts here and a few other places in order to be ready for my baby.
sisterteachb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!