View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #61
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

You will have her confined to her playpen or ex-pen or whatever the set up is you have worked out....that limits her activity, as well as allows you to make sure she is pooping and TT'ing....and you can see how much she is eating, because you will know how much you put down for her....and if it disappears within the 2 hours between her food going down, you know she is eating! You need to put a measured amount down for her....say 20 pieces of kibble, or a tablespoon dollop of the starter mousse. Take note of the shape of the dollop of the mousse....dont spread it out....leave it so that you can tell if she licks at it! But, i have news for you sweetie....you are going to be spending about 85% of your time with her, watching to be sure she is eating! She MUST be eating enough to keep her sugar up! Limiting her activity and keeping her warm....these are two energy draining activities that lower blood sugar so you will be partially negating those issues. Now, it is going to be a glorious thing if, when at 8am, you put 20 pieces of that kibble down, and she dives in and eats them all!!! Go ahead and put down say another 5...if she eats that, put down another 5...do this unbtil she stops...then you know about what her load limit is....say 30 pieces.... for each meal. After a week or so, if she is eating like this every meal, you can go to every 3-4 hours...and you want to give her about an inch of Nutri-Cal...they usually love this stuff and she will lick it off your finger....you are going to give her an inch like that, every 6 hours if she is eating super! You are going to give her an inch to carry her overnight....believe me, you DO NOT WANT TO WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND FIND HER UNCONSCIOUS OR SEIZING....OR DEAD. I hope you are printing all this up for reference so you can remember what you are to do....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!