View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Peachie Girl
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Sick Yorkie, anyone have suggestions/answers

hi,
my yorkie has been sick with diarrhea since wednesday, we called the vet, all he did was give us keopectate. She became normal again yesterday (sunday) and ate a little and got it again, and then was worse than before (she laid in her bed, wouldn't lift her head, and she couldn't stop pooping for about 10 minutes) we became really worried at this point and called every vet with most of them either not open, or not willing to help. We finally found one and they said it can last that long and suggested we give her yoghurt. She is a little better today however I still am concerned. She doesn't want to go out despite her needing to, and she is very reluctant to drink- she however will if the bowl gets held near her for a long enough time - she is not dehydrated, I'm just worried she may become. She has not had any change in her diet, except for she got taken off of her soft food when she became sick. She does scrounge a lot, and has recently gained and then lost weight. She has also had some of her teeth taken out over a month ago.
She is on royal canin yorkie, and has been for about 1 1/2 - 2 years now.
and she is 4 years old.

I'm sorry for the bad grammar etc.
Peachie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!