Thread: Niagara Falls?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
msyorktown
♥Love My 3 Furrbutts♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
I have gone with dogs many times, but things change each year so play it safe, don't take anyone's advice just check on line with the proper authorities to get the latest up to date info. I drive back and forth often and have a passport and show that so I have no problems, but without a passport I would check ahead. Also make sure everyone traveling has their ID's. Years ago my mom was visiting and we decided to go for the day, she was not planning on driving so she did not bring her drivers license, I never even thought to ask her if she had it, getting in was not a problem but getting back home was a huge hassle. So make sure you know the entry procedures not only for getting into Canada but for getting back into the US often the two countries have different requirements and the US is usually stricter.

As for visiting the Falls, hands down it is better in Canada. I really don't recall it being a park per say, I believe we paid only at the parking area and I think there was an observation area we went up in. But there is plenty to see by just walking along a wall. to different areas of the falls. I liked being at the flat area where it starts, it's really unreal looking. It will be crowded on the weekend so go mid week if you can and you will probably need the stroller for KS's safety. If you get into Canada a must is to drive about 25 miles further right along the water route to Niagara on the Lake, it is the most beautiful quaint town, great shopping, eating, and a park that runs all along the river that is perfect for bike riding, their trails are outstanding. When Ian and I go back we plan on riding from NOL to the falls on our bikes, with Lola in my basket. NOL is huge wine region and there are wineries after winery and you can go for tours and testings, even if you don't like wine you will still love Niagara on the Lake, make sure you go to their marina area which is right by a park with a beautiful view of the Lake. It's one of my favorite places, call me if you want more info. I want to go back there sooooooo bad.
Thank you soooo much for the compliment to my country!! I have travelled to the states and you do need a passport...birth certificate or the drivers liscence(sp) that has all your info on it. For the pups you should carry their health certificate from your vet. If you are going on a wine tour I suggest you eat before you go as it is a wine tasting tour...Dont know about you, but after about 3 tastes of wine I got kinda stupid, we had a ball though! And Niagara on the Lake is beautiful..they have pet friendly bed and breakfasts that you can stay at! Have fun and welcome to Canada!

https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPawzGroomingSpa http://jlevy.scentsy.ca
msyorktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!