View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Sewing Machine Help!

This is not really fashion related, but it is sewing related and I figured I would get the most replies here. Sorry this is long. Many of you know that I create custom toy baskets. Well, I've hit a brick in the road in that the baskets I am currently using have been discontinued. They were strong baskets that came with a liner.

If I am going to continue to make baskets, I will have to learn to make my own liners. In a sense, it would open up a whole new world of possibilities but that's for later.....

Here's my problem. I have a little Brother sewing machine. Its pretty new but the last time I used it I broke a needle. (I'm telling you...I am sewing impaired) I consulted the owners manual and replaced the needle. However ever since, I cannot get the tention right (I think it's the tention). Every few stitches, it kind of skips a stitch (every few stitches there will be one longer than the others and it doesn't go through the fabric creating a weak spot in the seam) and even when I set the lentgh of the stitch to different lengths, it doesn't change the actual stitch length. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I am not a seamstress by the farthest stretch, but do think I could do something as simple as a basket liner if my machine worked properly. Below is a picture of my machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sewing machine.jpg (17.6 KB, 10 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!