View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Deadbug
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Ugh.. Don't get me started. I hate yard work. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it!

Luckily I'm married to a landscaper. However, there's a down side to that. He's completely gutted my back yard and right now it looks like we're testing missiles. Out of the blue, he decided to install a 385 sq ft paver patio. The patio looks great. It's everything else now. The sprinkler lines to the back have been cut and capped off, the grass in the back has been removed and no matter what I do, I can't keep the sand out of my house.

I spent my whole day pulling out and cutting scrub oak that seems to love to grow in the corner. My hands are so sore I can barely hold a glass. Hate yard work!

...Meanwhile.... he's off skydiving!

This makes me crazy, but I'm trying to be patient. I went through the same thing last year. Came home from work and he'd taken his bobcat and leveled my front yard. I about had a stroke. The whole thing was laying on the back of his dump trailer. I cried. However, he did install a beautiful yard for me. It just took the whole summer to get it done.

Carmen, I wish I had your back yard. You have grass!

These pictures are my front yard after he was done. He's added more plants since then. I guess I should take more recent ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-09-09_13-56-48_128.jpg (56.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-09-09_13-57-36_291.jpg (49.5 KB, 12 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!