View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Default Guarding Behavior

First let me say Welcome to YT. I live close to you I live in Bartow. I suggest you put med in her eye in a room where the door is closed so the other dog can not trigger the aggression.
ADULT Yorkies that BITE

When you raise a dog and they bite as adult
, usually it is your fault. Bet you didn't expect to see that in print. No of course you don't want your dog to bite and you never set out to teach him to be a bratty nipper. We love our Yorkies so much, we let them get away with a lot. We would not allow a 150 pound Rottie to snarl, snap or nip at us. A three pound Yorkie shouldn't be allowed to either. I can give you advice and lessons that will break the guarding, nip cycle. You may not agree with some of the things I want you to do. You may skip some of the steps. That is ok, but my method may not work if you skip steps.
Retraining your dog takes work and repetition. And it is for your Yorkies own good. Biting is never allowed. The law says so, and it can cost your precious Yorkie his life. Yorkies who think they are the boss and biting is ok, are a 100% more likely to be attacked by a bigger dog, be kicked by a frightened person, hit by a car (because they ignore their person calling them), given up, and sadly, even put down.
It is time for Tough Love, from now on
NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE.
Right now there is a problem because, your dog has been allowed to growl, guard things, and nip. You have to remind him he is not allowed to behave this way. You wouldn't allow your spouse, child or employer to scream and slap you. Your Yorkie should not be allowed to treat you that way either. If you are fearful of being bitten, some of these
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!