View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #51
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
THIS IS WHY YOU MUST CROSS REFERENCE THE DNA SAMPLE BETWEEN YOUR DOG AND THE PARENTS AS LISTED ON THE REGISTRATION PAPERS!!! I STRONGLY advise you not to go off half cocked and ready to"go after this breeder to teach her a lesson"!!!! YOU may be the one taught a lesson!!! If this breeder is doing unreputable things with her business, I am all for hanging her!! BUT, if your vet is instigating what can quickly turn into a legal confrontation between you and that breeder, you had better be sure you are not going to a gunfight, carrying a stick! I CAN PROMISE YOU, YOU HAVE NOTHING ON THIS WOMAN AS WE SPEAK! AND IF I WAS THE BREEDER, NOT ONLY WOULD YOU BE LEVELED IN MY CROSS HAIRS, SO WOULD THAT VET! I HAVE BEEN THERE, IN JUST THIS SITUATION, DEALING WITH A BUYER AND A VET THAT WERE SPOUTING SUCH A STUPID STATEMENT BASED ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!! AND I CAN PROMISE YOU...... THIS VET WILL NEVER AGAIN MAKE SUCH AN AFOUNDED AND COMPLETELY BASELESS, STUPID REMARK!
The OP is from DENMARK. I have no understanding or knowledge of the legal situation in Denmark. I also don't know if their National Registry carries/encourages DNA testing.

If she has the registration papers, she can check that the numbers and names match up with the National Registry of Denmark.

I suppose it is possible to request a DNA test on her pup, then the dicey part is this needs to be matched to the DNA profile of the two parents. If that DNA profile is not on record with the Registry; I have no idea if the buyer has any recourse to "compell" the breeder to secure and register the parents DNA.

Awh well hope everything works out for the OP.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!