View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #8
Ringo1
Ringo (1) and Lucy too!
Donating Member

Thanks for taking this little one into your home. After living with a feisty Westie for 3 years; my little yorkie, Lucy, seemed much more docile. She's probably a little needier as well ~ Westies are VERY independent.

She's much more fragile than Ringo - he's currently at a very sturdy 15 lbs - her bones are much finer.

That said, she's still a dog and loves to play and run. Though only 2 years old; she no longer jumps to her luxating patella.

Harness sounds great and the food sounds good too. I keep Lucy's hair short - but not too short - because I don't want to fool with a very long coat. That's just me.

A friend of mine rescued a yorkie that was about one year old. His prior owners had kept him OUTSIDE with little interaction. Little Wicket ended up being a happy and content little guy - but he never did take to toys. He loved walks, being held and cuddled; treats; but we could never get him to touch a toy.

Best of luck and others more knowledgeable about rescues than me - have already posted!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!