View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I wanted to be an architect. Then an artist, of what type I didn't know. My uncle saw potential in me and talked to me about going into fashion, so I went to school to study fashion design and patternmaking. I also got a degree in graphic design, as I thought it would be a good skill to have. Come to find out I like to do things the old school way, and computer programs change too quickly LOL. I haven't kept up with the times on that front.

I did work in fashion for a few years and quickly learned it was not glamorous or creative working for someone else's label. It's basically the same as an office job with office politics, but with lots more gossip. So I quit that and bf and I opened out own shop. At first it was a clothing boutique and when the economy tanked so did we. During that time I was able to do my own thing with custom made costumes, which I really love costume design, and became quite busy which really make me happy.

Now we own a bike shop, and believe it or not, I get to be creative at this job, get to work with my hands, and not have to deal with office politics.

I still would like to continue my costumes someday again if I get a place with enough space. Or working in film or tv for costuming would be a dream of mine.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!