View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

In middle school I wanted to be a home economics teacher (now called family and consumer science)... I went to university and received my science degree with a minor in education for...... Home ec.. Then I got a job in banking. The thing with home economics each school district only hires a few.. Not too many job openings.

Well..In my early 30's I, after moving to Miami (remember I grew up in a small southern town) I got a position teaching in a inter city high school. So I fulfilled what my 13 year old self wanted. It was not the dream job ..very hard..but I am still teaching 25 year latter. I am now teaching in a better region and I am teaching middle school. I have had students tell me they want to do what I do. The sad thing is education is changing ...with all the test I just don't know the future of electives. I am also certified to teach science and reading.

Now my dd....they are 25 and still don't know what they want to be..so different then I was.lol

I say desiring what you want at such a young age and being focused as I was limits Other options..the research now states young people will change jobs and careers often (can't remember the percentage) it is not like your parents time at all. That can be good...you can experience so much more.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!