View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Bottom line is, HE HAS TO EAT!! I wouldnt worry so much about him getting hooked on canned food...if he doesnt eat and he keeps having low blood sugar episodes, he may die, so right now, settle for the lesser of two evils, and let him get hooked on the AD canned food....when he gets healthy and is eating and not so stressed out with the new home , new family, new routine, etc., THEN you can concentrate on the minor things. You MUST see that he eats...if you have to hand feed it to him off the end of your finger, or he will have a seizure and one of these times, he may not make it. Did your breeder tell you to have Nutri-Cal or Nutri-Stat on hand at all times? That is a sugar supplement......if I was you, I would give him about 2 inch long strip....he can lick it off your finger or you can put a 1/2" strip on the roof of his mouth...let him get that down, repeat until you have given him the 2 in strip....need to do that every 4 hours around the clock....that will keep his blood sugar up so he doesnt get into trouble at night and you wake up in the morning and find him lifeless...Hypoglycemia is a very serious problem and it will cost him his life if you dont stay on top of it.
OP, the very LEAST of your worries is having a puppy "hooked" on A/D. That food will save this pup's life!! I have never seen a pup that could not have his food changed...but he is way too young to even worry about that right now.

He needs to be fed every 3 hours around the clock!! That is 24/7...it is not forever, but if you don't do that now, this puppy is going to die.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!