View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
gnhm333
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Need help with new puppy!

Hey everyone, just joined. I picked up a 8 week Yorkie puppy last month from a breeder and brought him home. From the get go we could tell he wasn't acting normal. He wouldn't eat a thing, wouldn't go to the bathroom and was just acting depressed. A couple of days later he looked like he was about to die so I rushed him to the ER. Turns out he had hypoglycemia and his blood sugar was 26. We proceeded to force feed him but again he didn't look normal. I decided to let the breeder hold on to him for another month until he matures more as I thought he just missed his family.

Fast forward to last night where I picked him up again at 13 weeks. He has gotten much bigger and the breeder told me he was now filled with energy and eating A LOT. I bring him home and it starts again. He has absolutely no energy, he will not walk, he will not eat and he just lays in his cage with his head down and his eyes open. He does drink water though.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm feeling horrible just watching him act like this. Any tips to make him eat his dry dog food? I really don't want to get him hooked on the canned AD food.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
gnhm333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!