View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
YorkieLover29
Yorkie Yakker

Default Julius is Sick/ Stomach Virus?

Hello my YT friends! I hope everyone and their fur babies are doing good. I haven't written in a while but I wanted to give you an update on Julius. He turned the BIG 1 on 05/07/2012 and is growing so fast. I am learning so much from him and he is from me. Unfortanley since Monday, he has been sick. I have been up for the last couple of nites with him. My son, Julius, my father and I all went to DQ on Sat afternoon and my dad, being the loving grandffather who has to spoil his grand children...lol gave him half of his vanilla ice cream cone. The diareaha (sp) started Monday night, but I thought nothing of it thinking it was just the ice cream upsetting his stomach. I had recently been laid off from work so I have been able to stay home and keep an eye on him. Then the vomiting started. He was eatting alot more grass to make his self throw up. He didn't eat anything for 2 days. He was mopey n wasn't acting himself. (We all know our children when something is wrong). Even though he was taking walks, he was just laying around. He wasn't even excited to see me when I walked through the door. I started seeing a tiny bit of red tint to his stools. Looked like bloody mucus. Even though he is UTD on his shots, I was concerned about it being Parvo. The vet said that Parvo is normally seen in younger dogs and since he still was taking walks and was alert, she doubted it was that. ( Getting a Parvo test done tomorrow) They did a stool (waiting for results) and hooked him up to an IV bc his breathing was a little shallow due to him being dehydrated. They gave him a shot of Famotidine (anti naseaua) and sent him home with Metronidaole (antibioc). I have been giving him pedilyte and also chicken brooth and some chicken baby food (no onions). He wont eat rice but loves the baby food. Today he was out in the yard chasing the birds and the tennis ball. Also started grabbing my pants. Its good to see him a little back to himself. Hoping for the best through the night. Please keep him in your prayers. Sorry my post is so long.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!