View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Yorkieacm
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default which yorkie is better

Hello,

I don't have any experience with the breed so I need some advice.

Me and my sister always wanted to have this kind of dog. We never had them cuz we didnt want to buy them. So finally a few days ago we heard about two Yorkies on our local shelter. We ran there and 2 days ago we brought them home. One I will keep and the other one my sister will keep.We've been trying to figure out who will keep who.

About us:
I live with my boyfriend and have another dog that is great with other dogs and usually not jealous. Shes a bigger dog, around 6 years old. My sister lives alone and 4 to 5 days a week the little guy would be alone in the house for at least 8 hours.

About the Yorkies:
One of them is super possessive and dependent. He follows me everywhere I go and growls at the bigger dog when she gets near me. He also cant stay alone. He scratches the room's door if I leave him in the living room. (posted a thread about this already)
The second one is very submissive and calm. He doesn't follow me everywhere and seems to have a lot of respect for the bigger dog.

In my mind is kinda obvious that the choice would be for me to keep the submissive dog that will fit better in the "pack" but my question is, will be the very depended (possessive dog) do ok alone in the house?

I think my sister would be the best choice cuz he would have her all for himself. I read the some Yorkies tend to be very possessive of their owners no?

They will all be in the same family anyway, we are both in love with them just as much right now cuz they are so so so adorable, but we want to make the best choice.

Thanks in advance
Yorkieacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!