View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #13
MamaZiggy
YT 1000 Club Member

Default I went through this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndguad View Post
I have a 9 weeks old yorkie that I have only had since last Thursday. The first couple days she seemed ok, playful and all, but she wouldn't eat. I got the food that the lady I got it from said she was eating too. Monday, I went a head and took her to the vet. They checked her stool and she was diagnosed with Coccidia and given meds for that. She doesn't seem to be improving. I took her back to the vet today and they just said her blood sugar was low to continue giving her the NutriCal every hour and feeding her with a syringe 5-6 times a day. She still won't eat unless I force her with a syring and all she does is sleep. She does get up to use the bathroom and to take a drink of water but thats it. She walks with her tail down and just looks so pitiful. Doesn't try to play and rarely makes a noise. Has anyone else gone through this or have any other suggestions?
I know this will be a hard time for you, as I went through this. I had to syringe feed and water Ziggy (who was 8 weeks old) every 2 hours, even through the night. I did this for 2 weeks. Taking him to the vet everyday for a wellness check up.. Things got better. I intised him with mince/ home made beef patties and slowly he became more interested in eating by himself (even though i still had to put the food in my hand and hand feed him, it was an improvement) and he was now playing and had energy. then my vet said it was ok to taper of the Nutrical.

This was the toughest time in my life, but i got through it thanks to great vets and dedication on my part! I believe we are closer for this ordeal.

You can make it through, just make sure his blood sugar dont drop, force feed and when he has enough energy, he will start eating again. There is light at the end of this tunnel

Sending prayers for your baby

Last edited by MamaZiggy; 05-17-2012 at 02:00 PM.
MamaZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!