View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

5 things that could be interesting about me:

1) Daddy was "in oil", so I have traveled/ lived all over the world. Momma and daddy were in Alaska when she went into labor with me...she fled back to Beaumont, Texas so "her child would be born in Texas"...actually her family was all here, so that was where she went! I have a brother 6 years younger than me...momma didnt make it back to Texas with him...got as far as Ardmore, Ok!
2) Grew up mostly in Kuwait, daddy was with Getty Oil, CEO Middle East Operations....First Gulf War, invasion and bombing of Kuwait was like watching my home town being destroyed.
3) Got into vet school after much to do and string pulling...girls didnt go to vet school much back then....was such a mommas baby, quit and came back to Houston, went into nursing school and lived at home, until I married.
4) Was fortunate to follow my passion for riding, taking hunter/jumper lessons from the instructor of the Danish Olympic Equestrian Riding Team.
5) Raised and showed Arabian horses....got divorced.....got into Yorkies in 1978, and started breeding in 2000....looking forward to retiring in 2013 from nursing, to pursue my passion, my babies, full time!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!