View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley52 View Post
I home cook for Molly but can't seem to find a supplement that she will eat ... The recipes that you buy do they have them in there? I have 2 books that have home cooked recipes in there but if its caulky or too strong of a taste she will not eat her food.
It isn't difficult to feed your dog real food. Just take one food at a time for three or four days to see if they are ok on it. Start out with maybe red meat or turkey, then try rice, then barley, then steamed green beans, then steamed broccoli, then carrots (steamed or raw) This way if they have no problem with these, then you can start putting a meat, rice or barley or cook both together and add a veggie. You could also make a large batch and freeze in containers that would hold five days of food, feeding 1/3 cup twice a day. Lunch could be some fruit like apples, bananas, or any type of berry, or cottage cheese, or plain yogurt or peanut butter. You could even make eggs with grits for breakfast. You can fry the egg if you use olive oil. I always have a bowl of boiled eggs (kept in the shell) in the ref. for a quick breakfast for me and sometimes give Jilli Ann about 1/4 cut up in her meat. You can also make their own cookies and keep in the freezer and give beef femur bones to chew on, but take the marrow out first. I cook these bones so that bacteria doesn't set in and they can just keep the bones forever if they want.
Feeding real is not difficult. Just keep the food real, not the processed or canned things and no gravy, seasonings and such.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!