View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
mikecoscia
Yorkie Talker

Default Was doing well, now accidents again...

My pup is almost 10 months old and has (was) pad trained. Took almost 6 months for him to stop having accidents but it seemed like he finally got the hang of it. We used an expen to train him and he was doing really great, however for the past month he has been having an accident about 1-3x a week.

He is on a regular schedule, gets fed before we leave for work around 7am, goes in his pen until 3:30, and gets fed again around 5:30-6. He RARELY goes to the bathroom in is pen and goes straight to his pad when we let him out. A few of the accidents where my own fault because I did not change the pad and doesn't like to step in his urine. But for the majority of them I just don't get. For example I was just checking my mail, walk into the living room and he pooped on the rug. He even ran upstairs to hide, so it seems like he knows what did was wrong. Was it because I wasn't paying attention to him and he did it out of spite?

Just trying to figure this out cause I love him to pieces, but it is stressful wondering what he is going to do every second he is out of my site. I thought we had the whole housebreaking thing down....

Would appreciate any helpful advice!
mikecoscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!