View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Thank you guys so much for your kind words and concern! We are back home. Katie Scarlett came straight in, to her big girl bed, I covered her up with her favorite blanky, and she went right to sleep. You can tell she does not feel good. My poor baby!

I did take a stool sample in. It tested negative for any worms/parasites. KS is on Heartguard. We are diligent about giving her that on the 23rd of every month. The vet said it could be a minor bug. He gave us 'metronidazole 250' mg tabs. They went ahead and quartered the pills for us. I am to give her 1/4 of a pill twice per day. I gave her the first dose and she went back to sleep. He said this should help settle her stomach and help the diarrhea. I am to watch her for the next couple of days and she will go back if it does not clear up. I will keep you guys updated.

The vet said to hold food the rest of the day. I gave her breakfast. He said she could have water. And I can give her bits of cheese with the medicine if need be. You can bet I will be watching her like a hawk. I am so glad it wasn't worms or a parasite. Again, thank you all for your thoughts!!!

P.S. Kitty Kandy! That cracked me up! I needed that smile. I will tell her for sure that she is not allowed anymore kitty kandy!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!