View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Lulu3
Yorkie Talker

Default Help! Advice pls re: liver problem

For the past month, my always healthy yorkie (5yrs old) started to become a bit sick. The only systems, though, have been occasional diarrhea and constantly licking his lips. He has never had diarrhea before an the "lip licking fits" we're also new, so I took him to the vet a month ago. He was put on antibiotics for a suspected infection and a new food. Now, a month later, things haven't changed...although the diarrhea has almost gone. The licking lips still remains and worried me a bit, so the vet drew some blood. The results show that his liver isn't functioning properly. I wasn't really given any further details as they said they need to do a protein c test first.

I guess what I'm wondering is....is there anything else I should be requesting? They changed his food to Hills w/d. Does that should right? He is also on flagyl and lactulose now.

Also, is it normal for liver problems to show such little symptoms? Besides the licking fits and odd bout of diarrhea, he is his normal, puppy-like self. Can something so serious be lurking without any deterioration?
Lulu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!