View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Sad Katie Scarlett Headed To The Vet

Hey guys! Well I called the vet just a minute ago and got an appointment for this afternoon. On Friday I noticed she was having a little loose poopie. Well this morning it is full blown diarrhea. I call the vet at any little thing. This is my first Yorkie and I worry, but they are always so nice to us. So I called a bit ago and they are going to squeeze her in at 2:30. Right after I got off the phone it hit me....

I think I know why she might have diarrhea....she may have worms!!! Last week we were outside talking to the neighbors. At the time I did not know that they had been feeding a stray cat. I hadn't seen the cat. Well I look over and notice Katie Scarlett is munching on something. I immediately ran over and it was poop! I dug all I could out of her mouth and we ran right in to rinse out and I brushed her teeth twice. But I know she may of ingested some. I feel just awful! I take my eyes off of her for a second and she eats poop!

I know nothing about worms. I mean, I do know how she can get them but as far as treating them, I am not sure. I am taking a stool sample to the vet. I did notice it is a bit mucous-ey. I am just beside myself guys! I feel like the worst Yorkie Mom in the world! If it is the worms from eating that stray cat poop, it's my fault! You can bet I will be watching her a lot closer when she is in grass. I just want to cry!!!!

I will let you guys know as soon as we get back. She hasn't had a change in diet or anything like that. She is eating TOTW, but I checked the bag and it was not one of the one's on the recall list. She is not vomiting or anything, just diarrhea. She is sleeping a lot more though. Y'all please pray for my baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!