View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
Lisa and Pic
♥ Piccolo & Vivi ♥
Donating Member

My girl Piccolo has cutaneous vasculitis and has the black scars in her ears to prove it, among many other symptoms that arose at the time. (She is now in remission.) She also looks like she lost a little chunk of her ear, too. My girl was treated by a vet dermatologist and I imagine your pup has seen a vet dermatologist at the hospital too. Like your pup, she was tested for a million thing such as tick disease, etc., and even came back with a positive for dermatomyocitis, which my vet did not think was correct.

Piccolo was on pentoxiphiline but I really believe what helped the most was high levels of prednisone. (She was also on antibiotics because she developed a secondary infection.) I do not think she would have gone into remission without the prednisone treatment. Piccolo's vet dermatologist was able to walk us through this treatment very carefully and it took about 9 months. She is now off everything, by the way, and has been in remission for about 4 years.

I just want to wish you the best of luck with this and hopefully things will get better for your little one.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!