View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Default Recalls and starting Winston on Home Cooking

The recalls once again concern me. Even though the food that I use for my dogs was not included in the recalls, I still feel like all dog food is one recall away. I never wanted to take the risk and always went with home cooking. While I have come to feel that this choice has benefitted my dogs over the years, I really did it for philosophical reasons. It's the only way I can control the ingredients and sources of food my dogs get.

With this long term philosophy in mind, I decided to go back to cooking a few days ago. I gave Winston the chicken and pea diet without supplements for his first meal to see if he enjoyed and could tolerate the ingredients, and he did, so today, I visited Welcome to Pet Diets and bought Winston three diets made just for him so that all the ingredients and amounts were set up for his little size.

For anyone wanting to home cook (due to recalls or other reasons), for $25 you can buy a diet from this website, if your dog is healthy and an adult. Each additional diet is $12 if you buy the other ones at the same time. I went for three, to give some variety for Winston and to just save on purchasing them.

I feel really good about the decision to go back to home cooking. Kibble may have its place, and this recall stuff will play itself out I'm sure, but for the time being, I am going back to home cooking. And yes, my boys do eat all their peas!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!