View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
BabygirlZoe
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default What is wrong with my baby?

Hi, I am a proud new mommy of a 13 week old female yorkie. I am so worried about my baby girl! Up until a week ago she was your typical puppy, running, playing and in to everything! About a week ago she started acting strange, lethargic, depressed and not interested in ANYTHING. I took her to the vet and he suspected hypoglycemic, but her glucose came back within normal range. He did a CBC and some test for organ functions and they all came back normal. The only thing was her WBC was slightly elevated and her iron was a little low, but the vet did not think that was enough to have her act the way she was. He put her on an antibioitic, nutra-cal, vitavi, and an anti-infammatory. She is still not better! Took her back and eyes are draining and swollen and she is limping like an old dog. She doesn't even look like the same dog. Hair is scraggly and she looks horrible. He took her off the antibiotic because he was afraid she might be allergic to it & she is now on eye drops. This is just heart breaking because I don't know what to do? She is eating, drinkin, peeing and pooping normal. Please help with any suggestions! I am afraid of loosing her and love her so much. Thank you!
BabygirlZoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!