View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Gigismom83
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Growth on Gigi's lip

Hi everyone. I'm new here and could really use some words of wisdom from anyone who has dealt with a situation like mine...

My little Gigi is a morkie and is only a year and a half. I noticed a white growth on her lip yesterday and took her to the vet today. The growth is white with a little bit of red around the edges. She is just as rambunctious as always and doesn't seem affected by it.

The vet did a needle biopsy and is sending the lab results to a pathologist. The vet said he's never seen anything like this in a dog as young as Gigi before. He said it could be one of four things - the best case scenario a bug bite and the worst a mast cell tumor. I won't know until Tuesday.

The thing that scares me the most is that in January, I noticed a small white mark on her lip but thought it was a scar. It wasn't raised and didn't resemble a growth. I don't know if it's linked but I'm scared that it is and it's been lingering for that long. The only thing keeping me sane is that I brought her in a day after noticing it...I'm just scared its been there longer than I think.

If they have to remove it, they'll also have to remove part of her lip because of the location.

Has anyone dealt with this with a young dog before? Any advice or opinions would really help me out. I'm freaking out and just want my little girl to be ok. Thanks everyok e.
Gigismom83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!