View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
HisNameIsHarley
YT 1000 Club Member

You poor thing! I am so sorry you had to go through such a terrible scare. I know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure how you could get your little baby from bolting though.. Some never grow out of it. I am now in the process of begging my father to build us a fence around our backyard for the very same reason. We live back into the woods and we are far from the road but my babies have bolted and been caught down at the road too. I have learned though that when I take Harley out all by himself and keep a VERY close eye on him he tends not to want to go exploring like a mad man. When the others are all out with him.. They ALL leave.. Once four out of our five dogs were missing for about an hour or so and it took my mom in her car, me on horse back and my aunt walking around all through the woods to finally find and round up all of them. It was heart wrenching and I hope it never happens again. All of them were spanked and put away in seperate rooms/crates with no toys and no attention for the rest of the day. Some workers who were working on the power lines WAY WAY WAY down the road from where I live said they ran four dogs off the road and out of traffics way and said there were three medium sized and one tiny one.. And after hearing that all I could see in the back of my mind is seeing/finding all of my dogs dead on the road..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!