View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I see you are in Houston....parvo is RAMPANT in Houston. He has had 3 of his puppy vaccines for parvo, and he has still contracted the disease. Hopefully, with at least some immunity started, he will not suffer a full blown case and he will survive. Parvo is a breeders worst nughtmare....my home is on lockdown and my newborns are isolated until they are at least 8 weeks old....hopefully, buyers will understand what the problem is, and if not, then they probably can not appreciate how devastating this disease is and what it can do to a breeding program, and I am not convinced they would have the concern for their own puppy if it should contract the disease. I would much rather loose a sale than subject my babies to this totally devastating, highly contageous killer disease, and loose my entire program. Fortunately, I have only had 2 people that voiced a concern about not being able to come "tour my facility" and went else where....that is fine, we both have our own concerns from different sides of the issue, and my program and babies are worth considerably more than the cost of two puppies! In spite of all the precautions I take, dressing potential buyers up in hazmat gear from head to foot, hand sanitizers (which are NOT effective against parvo virus), walking thru trays of towels or rugs soaked in Virkon.....it is STILL too much a risk to take. I am TERRIFIED of this contagion....been there, done that, have the scars to prove it....stupid is making the same mistake twice! Thank you for allowing me to vent....I pray your baby gets well!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!