View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
geenam232
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Luxating patella worsened maybe?

Hello,

This is my first time posting here and wish I found this site sooner. My little Gizmo who is 8 now, has been acting funny the last 2 days in regards to walking or sitting. When we take him out for a walk, he just stops, walks slowly in a circle, trys to sit but can't and just stands there shaking a little bit. At times, he'll yelp when we try to pick him up as well. He isn't interested in going up and down the stairs lately either. He'll eat and go potty but you can tell he is uncomfortable. He'll even try to lay down for a few minutes and get back up like he just can't feel comfortable. At his last vet visit, they said his kneecaps were luxated quite a bit and he would eventually require surgery. We've seen him hold up a back leg here and there when he is walking so we know the issue has progressed. Usually the kneecap pops back and he's fine. We've never seen him uncomfortable like this before. Is it his kneecaps or could it be something else?
I am taking him to the vet later this afternoon and hope they can do something for him. I feel so bad for him and want to make him feel better right away. The vet told us to expect the surgery to range from $1500-3000 per knee which is alot for us and don't know how we'll come up with the money.

I'm in Orange county, California - does anyone know of an awesome surgeon you can refer and tell me what you paid for luxating patella surgery?? The vet said he can refer us to one but I may want to see a 2nd depending on how the visit/diagnosis goes...any advice is appreciated!
geenam232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!