View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Always such a good reminder...and a good time of year to check out the laws where we each live.

Here in Arizona, if a dog is left in a car on a hot day - you can call 911 and the cops will come over ASAP. I've done it probably 5 times here, and they never take long to come.

Just like humans, a dog's brain will literally 'bake' in a too-hot car . A car is usually 20-30 degrees hotter than it is outside, depending upon time of year, sun, humidity, shade etcetera.

Get this - I once saw a dog in a car in a parking lot - and I called the cops and waited in my car to watch. Eventually, FIVE people came out to that damn car. FIVE. So, there was one little yorkie baking in 100degrees (at least 120 inside that car) - and not ONE of those five people elected to stay w/ the yorkie. I was livid.

I confronted them, I just could not deal w/ not saying anything. The cops got there after I walked away...I talked to the cop after, and he too said he told them it was ridiculous that ONE of them didn't think to stay in the car.

Helpful link: http://www.mydogiscool.com/x_car_study.php#.T6xmbsXwDKc

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!