View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
There are other companies who have good quality control and contain better ingredients as well.

I love the fact that SD has their own plant, and seems to have QC under control, but there ARE other options... they are not the only company out there.

I do now choose company first but that's not to say ingredient lists are not important either.

Though if I had to choose to feed a SD food, Ideal Balance would be it. Though I'm pretty certain Jackson has an intolerance to barley and wheat, as any time he's fed food with it, he tends to get soft poop and goopy eyes, so when I avoid them all stays clear so I couldn't feed it anyways.
I agree there are other companies, but I try to keep my posts to what I have experience with. I also did not say ingredients are not important; but I do believe as you said, the company comes first...then the ingredients. That is how I chose Ideal Balance.

I just wanted to point out that Hill's is not a bad company and it was in response to the post that bashed Hill's and mentioned only ingredients.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!