View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
Can't tell you have many bunnies have died in our yard. Right now there is a baby bunny in our from yard and all three sit in the window watching and shaking. If they could get him they would

Only thing with bunnies is they carry diseases and worms. Fleas too! Makes sure to use Flea and Tick treatment as well as a broad spectrum Heartworm prevention. Heartguard will only protect for heartworms. I've used Sentinel which included a flea prevention and intestinal parasite prevention as well. Pebbles had hookworms from killing a rabbit and she was very sick. They are not easily detected and can live for a long time in the intestines. My vet relayed a story about another dog that was always sick and they could not figure out what the issue was until he actually passed one. Once treated the problems when away. He told me that now when he hears that a dog had killed a rabbit he treats for the parasite because of this incident.

I had to laugh with the mental image of three shaking dogs in the window!!

Sammy may have had hookworms from eatting cat poop (I did not see him eat it but the vet said it was a possiblity) he was treated for possible hookworms and is fine now. I guess it can really make them ill.. good advise!!
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!